About CCAPI camera control (WiFi) #
Newest Canon cameras supports CCAPI WiFi control protocol. CCAPI offers the most advanced and reliable camera control. For some (newest) Canon cameras is this option also the only one fully working.
Camera control via this sepcial WiFi protocol must be enabled in the camera via Canon’s tool application (available via Canon Developer page, or can be enabled via Entire.
How to enable CCAPI via ENTIRE:
– Connect camera to the Entire via USB-C cable
– Make sure the ENTIRE is set to USB Control mode
– Turn the camera ON
– Open ENTIRE’s menu and navigate to Miscellaneous
– Canon options -> Click to CCAPI WiFi control – enable.
• Open Camera MENU, list Network1
• Set Wi-Fi settings to ENABLE and enter submenu
• Scroll down to Camera Control API and enter
• Scroll to Add connection and enter
• Click to Add with wizard
• In the list of available WiFi hotspots select your Entire
• Select Manual settings
• Enter manual IP 192.168.10.88
• Confirm connection
• Entire will initialize connection automatically
If connection has been configured properly, Entire should show camera as connected:
There is no need to manually re-connect the camera and the Entire again. After power up will the Camera connect the Entire automatically and Entire will initialize connection also automatically.