Basic information #
USB connection of Sony cameras can be used for Geotagging (in MASS STORAGE mode), or for control (in PC REMOTE mode). But not both. If you will use only USB connection and IR commanding for geotagging, you will get Photo trigger (multiport), Video trigger (multiport), Zoom (multiport), MENU access and navigation (left/right/up/down/OK) via IR commands. Direct access to Shutter Speed, Aperture and ISO is accessible via WiFi or SmartPlug.
With this option you will do camera control via WiFi and USB (Multiport) will be used only for geotagging, triggering and zooming. IR connection is also suggested to be mounted together with WiFi & USB connection for MENU access.
Supported features per camera & control mode is available here.
- Switch Entire to WiFi control mode
- Manage Entire to connect the Camera WiFi hotspot:
- MENU -> WiFi connection
- Select first empty slot
- Click to New Scan and wait until scan is not ready
- From drop down list selelct camera WiFi hotspot
- Write down password from the camera
- Click to Connect
- Entire will connect the camera. During camera connection, Entire will disable own hotspot, so you’ll be disconnected. During connection Entire blinks quickly Blue/Green.
- Once connection is done, Entire will go Blue or Green, then you can connect back from your phone or PC.
- Enable Geotagging in the Entire
- Connect the camera via Multiport cable
Make sure you are using Multiport cable (connector at the Entire’s side is fully wired up), because with other cable geotagging will not work. How the Multiport cable looks like?
- Your setup is ready to be used at this point
- Entire has Self-Test routines for GeoTagging to easily check if all wiring is working well
- Make sure that all equipment is turned ON and camera is set to MASS STORAGE MODE
- Click to MENU->Configuration test and let the Entire to do a self-test
- Entire WiFi hotspot will be lost during the self test. Once Entire stops blinking, manage your phone’s WiFi to connect back.
- Do not refresh Entire’s web page (even show connection lost)!
- At the beginning of the test, one photo will be triggered
- Entire will check if HotShoe sensor has properly recognized trigger
- Entire will check all necessary input data connections
- In case of any problems, result will provide hints to solve the issue
- Test photo will not be geotagged in the test method!