Basic description #
AIR Commander Link and Link v2 can be updated via Entire’s web GUI. Firmware for the Link and Link v2 is burned in the Entire’s firmware. Available firmware version can differ per Entire’s firmware image.
Firmwar eupdate must be done twice, once for Link Receiver and once for Link Transmitter unit.
- Repeat process for Link Transmitter!
Recover device #
Life is not perfect. Firmware update failure may occur due to cable issue, power issue or many other reasons.
AIR Commander Link can be recovered from almost any failure, here is procedure:
A9 SmartPlug firmware update #
The A9 SmartPlug firmware update process is very similar to the LINK update described above. However, there are some minor differences and risks, so do not start this process if you have an important job coming up soon. We do not recommend this procedure if you do not need any of the new features.
New firmware 105 for A9 SmartPlug brings:
- Default battery charge state is 50% if ENTIRE is not connected (was 0%). Once ENTIRE is connected the SmartPlug battery charge status will get to 100%
- Newly can be controlled via SmartPlug “focus point joystick” (Left / Right / Up / Down / Center)
- Newly can be controlled C1 and C2 HW buttons of the camera via A9 SmartPlug
Feel free to drop us email if you are not sure about this.
- Make sure your ENTIRE is running latest firmware (at least 1.746)
- Disconnect all cables from A9 SmartPlug (including power cable)
- Remove A9 SmartPlug from the camera
- Disconnect data cable (UNI cable) from the ENTIRE (usually connected from UNI-B to “CONTROL” port of A9 SmartPlug)
- Connect UNI cable to UNI-A port of the ENTIRE (disconnec device from UNI-A if used)
- Second end of this UNI cable conect to the SmartPlug port labeled “UPDATE”
- UNI-A port will NOT get “online” during this process
- SmartPlug will start blinking blue after few seconds
- Do not connect power input to the SmartPlug!
- Press CONNECT
- At this point ENTIRE may fail to recognize SmartPlug (Recognized device will be “N/A”). If this happens, close FW upgrading tool and start over (disconnect and reconnect Smartplug as per first steps)
- If ENTIRE recognized A9 SmartPlug correctly:
- DO NOT TOUCH SMARTPLUG
- DO NOT MOVE SMARTPLUG
- Press “Update” button
- Reconnect UNI cable from “UPDATE” port of the SmartPlug back to “CONTROL”
- Reconnect A9 SmartPlug back to UNI-B as per your previous connection
- Reconnect / reconfigure all other devices as per your previous configuration
You may need to map those functions to C1 and C2 buttons of your Link or MavCam depending on your configuration.